Friday, April 30, 2010

Easy Orange Chicken Recipe...

Okay so I know that everyone is busy with one thing or another, and most people hate thinking about what they are going to make for dinner, well I came across this recipe awhile ago and it is the easiest recipe to make, kinda on the Chinese side but the american version of it, my family loves it. I serve this with steamed rice, and use soy sauce.
This recipe makes enough for 2 adults and 2 average eating teenagers, but if you have a larger family I would probably double it, I didn't take pictures of this the last time I made it but I will do so next week when I make it again. Make sure that the chicken is thawed out when you make this, I hope you enjoy and if you make it let me know and tell me if you liked it or not!!! See note at bottom.


EASY ORANGE CHICKEN
1 env. onion soup mix
1 (6 oz.) can frozen orange juice, thawed
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
4 lb. cut up chicken
Combine all ingredients except chicken. Arrange chicken in baking pan in a single layer, skin side up. Pour orange-onion mixture evenly over chicken. Cover and bake 1 hour at 375 degrees. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Baste occasionally with sauce.

NOTE: I added a can of drained water chestnuts and a bag of frozen vegetable mixture(broccoli,cauliflower,carrots)and some bean sprouts and some thinly sliced bell peppers any color will do then I cut some green onions(green part only) and threw these on top when done cooking and before serving. Now all this is optional if you don't want to add anything to it than it will just be the chicken and just as tasty.

No comments: