Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sourdough Bread Starter

January 5th I posted about bread I had made, yes it turned out delicious see previous posts for pictures, in the meantime I also decided to make a sourdough bread starter, I love sourdough bread, so I dug out an old recipe and proceeded to make the starter. It takes 48 hours for the dough to ferment and get the sourier aroma to it, well tonight I made to large round boles of sourdough bread, they turned out beautiful and delicious, I sliced one of the boles up and put oil and garlic, salt and pepper on it put the baking sheet in the oven for about 15 minutes. Tonight I am posting the starter and it's appearance tomorrow I will post the bread pictures.
This is the three things needed for the starter itself.

This is what it looked like after I had mixed up the ingredients on the first night.

This is what the starter looked like after 48 hours.

The aroma that comes off of this starter is out of this world!!!

No comments: